Dangers of Rabies Shot in Dogs
Most people do not think of their dogs developing side effects from an up-to-date or booster rabies shot or even being in danger where the shot could cost them their life. It is something we do not hear about very often. But a simple thing like knowing what the symptoms are could save the dog’s life.
Dangers of rabies shot in dogs depend a lot on recognizing the symptoms in its earliest stages. Their lives depend on it—ignorance is not always blessed. It can be life threatening and dangerous to the family pet without a person ever knowing what the problem is.
If your dog is showing symptoms after getting their rabies shot, it could be having a reaction. These symptoms can be potentially life-threatening . Immediate attention and action should be given if any of the following symptoms occur.
CALL YOUR VET IMMEDIATELY for the FOLLOWING SYMPTOMS!
These symptoms can develop immediately or up to 3 days after the shot has been given:
- Facial swelling
- Fever or lethargy
- Circulatory shock
- Loss of consciousness
Days, weeks or months after the shot:
- Fibrosarcoma (cancer) at the injection site
- Seizures and Epilepsy
- Autoimmune diseases, including organ disease, allergies and skin problems
- Chronic digestive problems
- Muscle weakness, especially lack of hind end coordination
- Chronic digestive disorders
- Skin diseases like Ischemic Dermatopathy / Cutaneous vasculitis
- Behavior problems: aggression, destructive behaviors, separation anxiety and odd obsessive behaviors (like tail chasing and paw licking)
Lots of excellent rabies information in this Dogs4Dogs video!!
* * * * *
>> Help us help our dogs! Consider becoming a patron so we can help even more dogs. Every dollar is appreciated. Please help here.
>> For more dog health info, dog stories and fun stuff, subscribe to our newsletter here.
* * * * *
Leave a Reply